So I forgot to mention that I made a dairy-free pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving. I was nervous because a few weeks ago (before we decided to go dairy-free ) I made a pumpkin pie for my husband because it is one of his favorites. I was also nervous because it used coconut milk and my husband despises coconut. Any coconut at all. He has never met any that he likes. The pie went over well. I did add too much clove to it so I think maybe next time I will avoid it altogether just to see how that goes.
The biggest fan of the pumpkin pie by far was G. He was very upset when I stopped giving him bites! The part that made me the happiest is that he got to eat it period! He has been adding more and more table food to his diet and is slowly getting tired of baby food. He loves eating fresh steamed green beans. He gums the insides out and throws it on the ground, banging on his tray and yelling for more when its done. 🙂 I love that he gets to be involved in our dinner, without me feeding him the whole time! He enjoyed dinner tonight which made it 2/5 of a success!
Tonight’s dinner was a creation on the fly of things that needed to be used in my fridge.
Chicken with Peppers and Onions
- 1 pound chicken breasts cut in thin slices
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs margarine
- 2 Tbs vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons cumin
1. Heat 2 Tbs oil in pan. Place onions and garlic in pan and cook for 3-4 min than add peppers. Cook for 5 min than add margarine and vegetable stock and 1 tsp cumin. Cook for a few minutes until peppers are soft. Remove into side bowl.
2. Place 2 Tbs oil in pan and add chicken. Cook through and then add 1 tsp cumin. When completely cooked add veggies back in.
I made a Boil in the Bag of brown rice and added into the mix. You could always put it over noodles or even as a sub.
When I said it was 2/5 of a success, it’s because Steven requested that from now on there not be green bell peppers which seemed to echo B’s thoughts also since it was the only thing left in his bowl and S requested no peppers at all! B surprised me the most tonight though when he ate raw red bell pepper while I was cooking! I hope yall enjoy it as much as I did!